Friday, October 9, 2009

In the moment

I've been thinking a lot lately about being more in the moment with my children. The time is flying by so quickly, and I want to look back one day and know that I was the best "in the moment" mom that I could be. I have been given these sweet little cutie pies that I adore. Their toes, their hair, their voices, and my last pair of chubby legs (Alex's) which are getting slimmer by the minute. I want to eat them up, and yet at the same time I'm busy....and too often I rush from one thing to the next and don't give them what they deserve, and what I really WANT to give them. Thankfully I'm very aware of my mothering. Every night in my head I make a list of positive things I did as a mom and negative things. At least I'm thinking about these things, and my husband once told me that if you are asking yourself questions like "am I a bad mom?" than most likely you are not.

Did anyone watch Oprah 2 days ago about the stay at home mom who survived the plane crash??? Oh my gosh, life changing for me! Here is her blog I found this in one of her archives, check it out!

Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments.{or if I could enter here-the basket-head mother syndrome} She said: “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).

Totally off- subject, here's a pic from last weekends wedding, and I was able to get this because I rented the 70-200, loved it!

IMG_8696 copy

0 comments:

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Hello there...

IMG_1470

I'm Lora, wife to a pretty incredible man, and mom to 3 of the sweetest kids. I am passionate about living God's dream for my life, and I put my trust in him daily. Fun, being creative, meeting new people, photography...these are a few of my favorite things! :)


Portrait sessions:
- $200 on location with up to 5 people. Add $25 for each additional person.

- Approximately 25-50 custom edited images available at an online gallery for ordering.


Please contact me for Wedding Information. I'm so excited to be booking weddings for 2010 and I'd love to talk with you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP